W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-credentials@w3.org > November 2022

[MINUTES] W3C CCG Traceability Call - 2022-11-01

From: CCG Minutes Bot <minutes@w3c-ccg.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2022 18:46:12 +0000
Message-ID: <E1opwH4-004yIU-HY@titan.w3.org>
Thanks to Our Robot Overlords and russell_hofvendahl_(mesur.io) for scribing this week!

The transcript for the call is now available here:

https://w3c-ccg.github.io/meetings/2022-11-01-traceability/

Full text of the discussion follows for W3C archival purposes.
Audio of the meeting is available at the following location:

https://w3c-ccg.github.io/meetings/2022-11-01-traceability/audio.ogg

----------------------------------------------------------------
Verifiable Traceability Task Force Transcript for 2022-11-01

Agenda:
  https://www.w3.org/Search/Mail/Public/advanced_search?hdr-1-name=subject&hdr-1-query=%5BAGENDA&period_month=Nov&period_year=2022&index-grp=Public__FULL&index-type=t&type-index=public-credentials&resultsperpage=20&sortby=date
Organizer:
  Orie Steele, Mike Prorock, Mahmoud Alkhraishi
Scribe:
  Our Robot Overlords and russell_hofvendahl_(mesur.io)
Present:
  vivien, Russell Hofvendahl (mesur.io), Ben - Transmute, Chris 
  Abernethy, Orie Steele, TallTed // Ted Thibodeau (he/him) 
  (OpenLinkSw.com), Jim Masloski, PaulDietrich GS1, nis, Ted 
  Thibodeau

<ben_-_transmute> Nis said he would be late today
<ben_-_transmute> this looks like enough people, should we go 
  ahead and get started?
Our Robot Overlords are scribing.
Ben_-_Transmute: Hello everyone welcome to traceability oh first 
  we need to have a scribe.
Ben_-_Transmute: And I will turn off.
Ben_-_Transmute: Turn off the captions.
russell_hofvendahl_(mesur.io) is scribing.
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-interop
Ben: Going thru PRs on trace interop, then vocab
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-vocab/pull/606
Ben: Zero PRs on interop
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-vocab/pull/601
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-vocab/pull/602
Russell: Food defense inspection & related schemas, credential
Russell: Rename organic certificate & certificate credential
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-vocab/pull/603
Ben: merge after meeting (merge conflict)
Ben: Same story plant inspection, 603
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-vocab/pull/604
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-vocab/pull/605
Ben: PR 604 removing lerna test from CI
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-vocab/pull/608
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-vocab/pull/609
Ben: Nis objection
Russell: Will check with Mike, change
<russell_hofvendahl_(mesur.io)>	ben: 609, entity -> organization
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-vocab/pull/610
Ben: 610, from me
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-interop/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+sort%3Aupdated-asc
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-interop/issues/405
Ben: Switching to trace interop issues, only 15
Orie Steele:  Hasn't had document in w3c that'd allow it to 
  represent w3c creds
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-interop/issues/448
Ben: No action to take then, leaving comment
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-interop/issues/449
Orie Steele:  Pinged Nis to ask if resolved, can move on
Ben: 449, same thing, merge conflict & need to ask Nis
Orie Steele:  Pinging Nis again
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-interop/issues/427
Ben: 427, opened by Orie
Orie Steele:  In our tests two DID methods, DID key & DID web
Ben: Do we want to have list of specific DID methods, "trace 
  interoep API expects these several DID methods"?
Orie Steele:  Require DID Web today. Question is i we want 
  anything else?
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-interop/issues/431
Paul: Want clarity, most important
Ben: Moving on, 431, Chris
Chris: This is placeholder, discussed several weeks ago
Ben: Noting you were out and will follow up
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-interop/issues/364
Chris: Self-assigning
Ben: Next, issue 364
Chris: Been around a while, purpose make sure we don't lose track 
  of need for browsable index of test results
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-interop/issues/371
Ben: Moving on to PR 371
Chris: This one, we should publish minutes to mailing list, link 
  to that in minutes, as other groups do
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-interop/issues/402
Ben: If no issue to raise by anyone, moving on
Ben: 402, Orie, who just left
Nis: No, though great idea
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-interop/issues/359
Ben: Continuing on to 359
Chris: Another placeholder. We need a few additional tests for 
  positive testing, assigned to me, adding comment
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-interop/issues/307
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-interop/issues/363
Ben: 307, top level README, assigning self + making internal 
  ticket
Chris: Another one on plate when left, need better links to 
  Postman collections for performance reliability
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-interop/issues/438
Ben: On to 438
Ted Thibodeau:  You could make this special agenda item to bubble 
  to top next time before Orie's conflict startss
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-interop/issues/439
Ben: Adding note & pinging in Slack
Chris: Came from recent decision for manual scribing, need to 
  update READMEs to document manual scribe procedure
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-interop/issues/401
Ben: 401, Nis?
Nis: I think we can close, with comment
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-interop/issues/447
Ben: Last issue in trace intereop, 447
Chris: Initial issue, did not allow VCs to be string in 
  conformance testss
Chris: Decided to leave, bc still would throw error
Chris: This is a negative test, designed to fail, or request is 
  designed to fail so this should pass
Ben: So we get a string, take a look, say "does this parse as 
  JWT"
Chris: That's my suggestion for [?]. This should fail regardless 
  though. Literal string not a valid value, so req should fail, 
  test should pass
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-interop/issues/448
Ben: Action item, follow up see if we can address
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-interop/issues/449
Ben: Nis, two you were pinged for, 448 and 449
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-vocab/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+sort%3Aupdated-asc
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-vocab/issues/521
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/traceability-vocab/issues/427
Ben: That concludes trace interop issues
Ben: Next, 427, Ted?
Ted Thibodeau:  We've got a bunch of fake data, trying to be fake 
  but not going in right direction to be fake
Ted Thibodeau:  With phone numbers, people run tests
Russell: Would prefer not to sync first 3 digits with cities
<chris_abernethy> Cell phones very frequently do not match the 
  actual location
Chris: Echoing Russell and Nis, don't think it's worth the hassle 
  of looking up area codes
Chris: I'll post minutes
Received on Tuesday, 1 November 2022 18:46:12 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Tuesday, 1 November 2022 18:46:13 UTC