RE: FIDO - and its future? Relative to VCs

Came from an internal discussion at Microsoft when we were working on SIOP years ago

From: David Chadwick <d.w.chadwick@verifiablecredentials.info>
Sent: Thursday, March 31, 2022 3:06 AM
To: public-credentials@w3.org
Subject: Re: FIDO - and its future? Relative to VCs

Hi Kaliya

I believe Kim got the idea from me as I discussed it with him a few years ago. We also published details of our first FIDO/VC implementation (started in 2016) in IEEE Comms Standards here:

David W Chadwick, Romain Laborde, Arnaud Oglaza, Remi Venant, Samer Wazan, Manreet Nijjar “Improved Identity Management with Verifiable Credentials and FIDO”. IEEE Communications Standards Magazine. Vol 3, Issue 4, Dec 2019, Pages 14-20

Our current Identiproof product has integrated FIDO2 into our VC infrastructure, see

https://www.identiproof.io

Kind regards

David