cloud-based wallet

From: Nikos Fotiou <fotiou@aueb.gr>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2022 20:45:56 +0200
To: <public-credentials@w3.org>
Hi all,

We are experimenting with a cloud-based wallet, where VCs are stored in a
cloud service (which may or may not be owned by the VC holder) but VPs are
generated using a hardware token, owned by the VC holder.

Although this is a very nice exercise, I am wondering if there is any real
value in such a system. Especially, given that if the hardware token is
lost, the VCs stored in the cloud are useless.

Any thoughts? Are you aware of any similar system?

Thanks,

Nikos

Nikos Fotiou -  <http://pages.cs.aueb.gr/~fotiou>
http://pages.cs.aueb.gr/~fotiou

Researcher - Mobile Multimedia Laboratory

Athens University of Economics and Business

 <https://mm.aueb.gr> https://mm.aueb.gr