Re: Centralization dangers of applying OpenID Connect to wallets protocols (was: Re: 2022-2026 Verifiable Data Standards Roadmap [DRAFT])

> On Mar 24, 2022 at 2:17 AM,  <Daniel Hardman (mailto:daniel.hardman@gmail.com)>  wrote:
>

>  Here's the ground truth, from a political/market perspective: Fundamentally, SSI's value proposition is about changing power dynamics. That's why "sovereignty" is part of its name. A standard that doesn't disrupt power dynamics is not a way to achieve SSI; it's a way to kill SSI by watering it down and trivializing it into oblivion.

  Wow, that is well said.

 I suppose that the core issue is that half the room wants to “solve the channel lock-in problem for enterprises” vs the rest who simply don’t see it as a problem at all, but rather, a business model. So when the true believers talk about power dynamics, the response   is kinda Oh I Don’t Care because we’re   gonna   implement it anyway.

 Unfortunately, the SSI true believers are likely to get their city encircled and starved into submission… unless Europe can help with changes to   GDPR 2.0. Sorry for the analogy to current events. 🤣

 MM

-

Moses Ma | FutureLab Consulting Inc

moses.ma@futurelabconsulting.com |   moses@ngenven.com

v  +1.415.952.7888 (tel:+1.415.952.7888)  | m  +1.415.568.1068 (tel:+1.415.568.1068)  | skype mosesma