Re: "Apple launches the first driver’s license and state ID in Wallet with Arizona”

And those of us who are contributing to 23220-3 are working to ensure that
there's space for approaches that don't originate from inside the ISO
community...
The 23220 family contains a bunch of "building blocks" for mobile
electronic ID (aka mobile credentials) full lifecycle - issuance, secure
provisioning, storage, presentment, revocation, etc. 23220 (all parts) are
"Technical Specifications" rather than "International Standards" which
allows for more rapid development and more frequent updates/revisions than
for the International Standard publication type.
The concept is that profiles of 23220 will be created for different
verticals, scenarios or use cases as the need arises. In several years
time, ISO 18013-5 will appear to be a profile created from ISO 23220-4
(Operation) and ISO 23220-2 (Data structures) to satisfy the requirements
of mobile Driving Licenses.

If I remember, I'll host an information session at IIW to describe all of
the ISO standards projects centered on mDL and also to talk about
how/where/when the ISO working groups can/will/are incorporating space for
non-ISO-originated mechanisms.
————————
*Andrew Hughes *CISM CISSP
m +1 250.888.9474