Re: Centralization dangers of applying OpenID Connect to wallets protocols (was: Re: 2022-2026 Verifiable Data Standards Roadmap [DRAFT])

On 3/22/22 12:31 PM, Orie Steele wrote:
> The OS is the original wallet... If you don't control the OS, and the
> hardware... your identity is just rented to you.

I'm not sure of what point you're trying to make, Orie, but my read on your
response is one of trolling an otherwise fruitful thread of discussion.

Your point seems to be: "Stop trying to create an open wallet ecosystem and
just accept vendor lock in." ... when there are already examples of
competitive wallet ecosystems built on the very platforms you say it can't be
done on:

https://www.cryptowisser.com/wallets/

What strategy are you suggesting to the group?

https://www.digitalbazaar.com/