Re: Cross border identity use case - which did methods?

Hi Joe,

I read your response and thought "great insights, must thank joe" and then
forgot..  So.. Thanks!   for taking the time to respond.

*"**FWIW, the biggest flaw in this flow is there is no cryptographic
verification between the exporter and the importer, but that's a different
thread."* Yes - know about that but yes, it is a fairly big topic for
another thread.  There are couple of perspectives / options

   1. It doesnt matter because the importer is legally bound to the
   importing regulator and the exporter is legally bound the export regulator
   - so it's enough that exporting regulator attestes to identity of the party
   that issued the invoice and the importer attests that this is genuinely
   their supplier.
   2. There is a way to send a key with the physical shipment that can bind
   the exporter to importer via the physical goods.  More on that later.

I'm leaning towards your "automated sub-issuing" model on the question of
non-correlatable dids.

Also very good point about attack vectors for did:web methods other than as
used by the government regulator.

thanks again!

--
Steve Capell