Re: Web-NFC. Was: Centralization dangers of applying OpenID Connect to wallets protocols (was: Re: 2022-2026 Verifiable Data Standards Roadmap [DRAFT])

Although the firmware is proprietary, if WebNFC supported APDU, these
crypto currency wallet NFC Cards would almost give you what you want.

https://tangem.com/en/

I have tested them in "Kiosk" setups and they allow for vanilla EdDSA or
ES256K from hardware isolated keys.

Unfortunately, you need a regular card reader to interact with them,
because web nfc does not expose the APDU interface.

So they pair their solution with a Native App.

I wouldn't say it's "too late"... there are currently 0 registered standard
payment method identifiers:
https://www.w3.org/TR/payment-method-id/#registry

It does seem like somehow the folks who needed to be in the same room to
make this happen got spread across different WGs.

OS