Re: Centralization dangers of applying OpenID Connect to wallets protocols (was: Re: 2022-2026 Verifiable Data Standards Roadmap [DRAFT])

On 3/18/22 1:43 PM, David Chadwick wrote:
> Perhaps you are forgetting eIDASv2 which will require every EU country to
> make the eIDAS wallet available to all EU citizens.

Some of us live in countries where there will be wallet competition and the
state won't be providing a digital wallet to all citizens. What then? How is
the holder's choice respected in those scenarios?

CHAPI and DIDCommv2 have answers to these questions... I have yet to hear how
OpenID provides the same "open wallet ecosystem".

https://www.digitalbazaar.com/