Re: Cross border identity use case - which did methods?

“If you need correlatable identifiers for particular points in the transaction, put that in a VC (with a unique nonce), put a hash of the VC on chain, and send the VC separately.”

Could you unpack that a bit?

It’s the exporter (did) that needs to prove their identity using a VC issued by a trusted authority (eg a trust anchor such a government) that confirms the DID == public identity. Then the exporter DID issues a trae document such as an invoice

If the exporter DID is ephemeral then the authority issued VC is equally ephemeral because you need a new one for every ephemeral DID.  I’m not sure that the trust anchor will be keen to support that volume of VCs.

Or am I missing something in your flow ?

Steven Capell
Mob: 0410 437854