Re: DID methods as W3C standards - a happy compromise?

Thank you everyone that has responded privately to this message.

In general, the feedback was supportive and hasn't led to any significant
change in my list of preferred did methods at the end of the email.  One
thing I will be doing though is taking a much closer look at IPLD and
did:ipid.

That pretty much closes this issue for me.  I've got a bit more confidence
that my thinking isn't completely off the rails.  Whether or not W3C
standardises some did methods, I'm content that I can navigate the options
and, as has been repeatedly suggested, the market will hopefully drive some
consolidation anyway.

kind regards,
steve

--