Re: Clarity about the group charter

On 6/22/22 12:57 PM, Brent Shambaugh wrote:
> I've been working on an npm library, and I would like to make it better.
> Unfortunately, I'm not sure this is the place to mention it as asking for
> help here might violate the charter? Was there something in there against
> promotion? What does that mean?

Please share your work if it benefits the community or the (pre-)standards
process. If you've implemented one of the specifications, or have technology
that is adjacent, or something we could learn from, we'd love to hear about it!

I'm not sure where you got the notion that talking about thing you're working
on would be a charter violation? We have a very broad and inclusive charter:

https://www.w3.org/community/credentials/charter/

There are statements like: "Buy our products! We're the best!" (with nothing
else that we can learn from) that is frowned upon... but, in general, even if
it is a feature in one of your products, chances are that we want to hear
about it if it has relevance to how we might interoperate on that feature (or
use it to meet a goal of the community).

Just my $0.02.

https://www.digitalbazaar.com/