centralization dangers, difficult conversation (was: Re: Extending the co-chair election - NEW DEADLINE: 6/21/22 EOD)

I've thought about describing the verifiable credentials/decentralized
identity space to a podcaster that I listen to. They have a pretty large
audience, and I was surprised that they both gave out and responded to
their e-mail. There is always the danger of, and I think it may have
happened w/ID2020, of lack of civility.
Generally though, it may be good if there is discussion, as well as
awareness, to discourage misuse. I imagine misuse could tarnish the VC/DID
space so maybe I should talk to this podcaster and only talk about things I
observe publicly.

I do not want to say much more as I think there was a charter that was
passed awhile back about staying in scope.

-Brent Shambaugh

GitHub: https://github.com/bshambaugh
Website: http://bshambaugh.org/
LinkedIN: https://www.linkedin.com/in/brent-shambaugh-9b91259