Re: Future-proofing VCs via multiple signatures

They may well be moving forward in the IETF, Chris, I don’t know.  However, they aren’t moving at all in ETSI.

Leonard

From: Christopher Allen <ChristopherA@lifewithalacrity.com>
Date: Sunday, January 16, 2022 at 8:12 PM
To: Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com>
Cc: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, public-credentials@w3.org <public-credentials@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Future-proofing VCs via multiple signatures

On Sun, Jan 16, 2022 at 4:11 PM Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com<mailto:lrosenth@adobe.com>> wrote:
I can comment that as of last week’s ETSI meetings, there are no plans for the EU to adopt any new signature schemes as part of the new EIDAS v2 regulations.

So it will indeed be quite a while before one could use these legally in the EU (or other countries that have adopted ETSI signature and identity standards).

How about 25519-dalek / ristretto? Both are non-conformant with the IETF standard but don’t have the same cryptographic problems with multisig that base 25519 does.

I had thought those both were moving forward in IETF.

— Christopher Allen [via iPhone]