Re: [GNAP] Human rights perspective on W3C and IETF protocol interaction

From: Leif Johansson <leifj@sunet.se>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2022 13:16:06 +0100
To: txauth@ietf.org, W3C Credentials Community Group <public-credentials@w3.org>
On 2022-01-05 03:02, Adrian Gropper wrote:
> This is a new thread for a new year to inspire deeper cooperation between W3C and IETF. This is relevant to our formal objection issues in W3C DID as well as the harmonization of IETF SECEVENT DIDs
> and GNAP with ongoing protocol work in W3C and DIF.

With my chair hat on, and given that this was cross-posted outside the IETF GNAP WG:

Folks,

these are complex and important topics. In the interest of making progress and in
order to help our editors sort through the discussion please consider the following:

1. Try to propose text. It is easier to talk about and form consensus (or not) when
discussing specific proposals for inclusion in existing Internet Drafts than when having
a purely conceptual discussion. A conceptual discussion can still happen but it will
be easier to have if somewhat more focused.

2. Sometimes when the thing you want to express is hard to condense into a few
paragraphs of text for an existing I-D, consider writing a short separate Internet
Draft. This does not mean you disagree with everything else or even intend for the
Draft to become an RFC, it is simply a convenient way to focus a discussion in the IETF.

This was meant as as advise on how to progress towards rough consensus.

Please carry on.

	Cheers Leif