Re: DID Web, OpenSSL and Certificate Authorities

interesting...

> https://<DV DN>/.well-known/vc-issuer.json

This is not standard AFAIK... but would be assuming IANA accepts your
recommendation, and VCDM 2.0 helps pour concrete around it.

> The JWT open source library we use, uses X.509 PKCs to validate JWT VC
signatures.

I have seen some evidence of support for this:

- https://gist.github.com/monmohan/d08d41c856a54d7e7619f8fba8afdf44
- https://gist.github.com/jasonk000/26f987681b56fe34c235248c980b5c2e

But it has not been clear how "standard" built-in support is.

The approach I took aligns with the links above, but again, the ca chain
verification is NOT handled consistently across implementations of JOSE as
far as I can tell.

Thanks for your replies again.

OS
ᐧ