Re: DID Web, OpenSSL and Certificate Authorities

@David Chadwick <d.w.chadwick@verifiablecredentials.info>

AFAIK, JOSE does not support "DV X.509 PKCs" out of the box.

So recommending removing DIDs does not actually do anything to address the
question... the problem remains::

How do I verify that a JWT was signed by a key in a CA chain (regardless of
how you discover that key, in other words, with or without DIDs).

Perhaps you care to provide a complete working example of "DV X.509 PKCs"
with JWT?

Obviously this is trivial if I am just sticking to openssl commands, the
point of the question was to explain how to do this with JOSE / JWT.

And the assumption was that it would be valuable to the VCDM regardless of
the format of the issuer field (DID or no DID).

Regards,

OS

ᐧ