Re: [EXTERNAL] [jfraichot@learningmachine.com] Re: VC API: handling large documents client to server

From: Christopher Allen <ChristopherA@lifewithalacrity.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 14:22:35 -0800
To: Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com>
Cc: Julien Fraichot <Julien.Fraichot@hyland.com>, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, Mike Prorock <mprorock@mesur.io>, Nikos Fotiou <fotiou@aueb.gr>, Orie Steele <orie@transmute.industries>, W3C Credentials CG <public-credentials@w3.org>
On Sun, Feb 13, 2022 at 8:07 AM Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com>
wrote:

> So why not move to CBOR and COSE instead of JWT?

Leonard,

Any news on using secp256k1 with COSE? We are increasingly using CBOR for
all of our cryptocurrency related wallet interoperability standards, but
everything I’ve seen for COSE with secp has expired.

FYI, our CBOR list is at
https://github.com/BlockchainCommons/Research/blob/master/papers/bcr-2020-006-urtypes.md,
those that are unique to our work start at 300.

— Christopher Allen [via iPhone]