Re: FOSDEM Web3 track

Hi,

On Tue, 25 Jan 2022 07:15:46 -0800
Juan Caballero <juan.caballero@spruceid.com> wrote:

> Dear CCG & DIF Interop WG:
>
> Given all the recent hub-bub about Web3 and the moxie thread, I
> thought it would be a good opportunity to promote an event at which
> my colleague and yours Charles Lehner will be presenting DIDKit
> <https://fosdem.org/2022/schedule/event/didkit/> (and VC/DID tech
> generally) to a broader audience of the kinds of people that "run
> their own servers." If you've never been, FOSDEM is a major venue for
> the open-source world, particularly the non-corporate/independent
> open-source world.

Thanks Juan for sharing this, and for helping with the Q&A.

The recording (including Q&A) is up, for that talk and for some of the others:
  https://video.fosdem.org/2022/D.web3/

If you've seen a command-line DIDKit demo before, this is not really new - other than trying to also provide an introduction to VCs and DIDs for a general FOSDEM audience.

The presentation slides are here:
  https://demo.didkit.dev/2022/01/fosdem/

There was also a Matrix chat room created for the talk, which is still open:
  https://chat.fosdem.org/#/room/#web3-didkit:fosdem.org (FOSDEM-hosted Element web client)
  https://matrix.to/#/#web3-didkit:fosdem.org (app-independent link)

One of the other presenters in the Web3 Infrastructure devroom track, i3-Market (Alessandro Amicone), also demo'd verifiable credentials (with DIDs):
  https://fosdem.org/2022/schedule/event/i3market/
They showed a desktop credential wallet and web-based credential API.

Ceramic's talk (Joel Thorstensson) also showed use of DIDs, including the did:pkh method, did:3 and did:nft:
  https://fosdem.org/2022/schedule/event/ceramic/

The SOLID talk by Jackson Morgan showed RDF and JSON-LD, and included mention of credentials:
  https://fosdem.org/2022/schedule/event/solid/

There were also many other interesting talks; a top-level overview is here:
  https://fosdem.org/2022/schedule/
and the full list here:
  https://fosdem.org/2022/schedule/events/

Many have slides and/or video recording available; for some the recording is still in review/processing.

Regards,
Charles E. Lehner