Re: Carbon credits VC

Hi Snorre,

Did you really mean "carbon credit" VC ? or did you mean Carbon offset
certificate for manufactured / traded products?

   - A credit is a tradeable item - so more of an NFT than a VC
   - A certificate is a great candidate for a VC.

If you want a global standard for something like a Carbon offset VC then
you need a global authority to define it.  One option could be UN/CEFACT -
they are just "modernising" their standards development framework around
github - see https://github.com/uncefact. Also, they've just published a
white paper on VCs for cross border trade (see the one at the top of the
list at https://unece.org/trade/uncefact/guidance-material) so might be
ready to start a project on cross border carbon offset certificates?  I can
facilitate introductions if you'd like to participate in ap project to
define that

--
Steve Capell