Re: Agenda for Secure Data Storage WG call (DWN task force) - April 14, 2022

Note about outcomes of this call:

There has been a long-standing GitHub Issue about changing the name of the
spec from "Identity Hub" to something else - many felt the work extended
beyond Identity (though I often argue almost all app data is part of some
facet of a person/thing's identity), and 'Hub' makes it sound centralized
(even though it isn't). As a result, implementers of the spec felt the
project would benefit from a name that indicated support for a wider range
of decentralized web application/protocol scenarios, of which 'traditional'
identity activities/data is one facet. On the call the consensus was to
name it something rather straightforward: Decentralized Web Nodes. It's an
unfussy name that captures what these nodes do: contain, relay, and serve
decentralized web app/protocol data. We wanted to make sure folks listening
on this channel were aware of the change, which was made after reaching
consensus on the call. Happy to chat about it again on the next WG call,
which will be on the 13th of May (we are skipping next week's call due to
the overlap with IIW).