Re: VC Evidence Discussion

Orie, thanks for the clarification and the useful relatedLink-related
links. It does seem to my uninformed eye like a sensible, flexible,
minimally wheel-reinventy approach. My reading of the current VC 1.1 spec
is also that this doesn't cleanly fit the intention of 'evidence'.

From your earlier reply, it sounds like you see hashlinks as unnecessary,
which I thought was interesting. I can certainly see some appeal in
avoiding them. For this to work, my understanding is that all linked docs
must be either 1. already verifiable, e.g. due to signature (VC) or some
other property such as being anchored to a block chain, or 2. hosted
securely under control of a party that is ok to change it- perhaps hosted
on the issuer's website. I might've imagined that this could require more
block-chain and/or hosting expense/complexity than just using hash-links,
but perhaps that's not the case. Any thoughts?

Thanks again. Will keep an eye out for that next version of the spec.
Morgan

--

---