Re: VC-HTTP-API new sequence diagram

from a privacy perspective:

Across Verifier-side trust domain:

   - Steps 1 and 2 - no impact because no identifying info is shared with
   verifier trust domain
   - Step 3 - A decision is made to share an identifier that
      - resolves to a service endpoint controlled by the holder role
      - provides a public key to be used for the challenge
   - Step 13 - more information flows to the verifier

Across Issuer-side trust domain:

   - Step 7 - Request VC
   - Step 8 - Get Issuer-signed private information as VC
      - VC Subject is identified by
         - Long-lived (rotatable) key tied to reputation and to VC subject
         - Biometric tied to notary or other non-repudiation mechanism
         (reputation is irrelevant)
      - Step 11 - If the non-repudiation mechanism is based on
   - chain-of-custody, use private key to sign the challenge in a more or
      less non-repudiable way
      - biometrics, challenge is irrelevant but subject authentication must
      be out-of-band

An alternate flow might be:

   - Step 3 - A decision is made to share an identifier that
      - resolves to a service endpoint controlled by the holder role as an
      agent / authorization server (AS)
      - Step 6 - Verifier makes a request to the AS. The request may
   - assume a biometric will adequately identify the subject
      - include a challenge
   - The AS controller _alone_ decides if "calling home" or "client
      credentials" are a privacy problem
      - Step 6B - The Verifier validates the VC
   - Step 16 - Depending on business rules, if the VC alone does not
   include an adequate biometric or equivalent, then an authentication step
   may be added:
      - Authentication may apply to the subject or their agent and the
      private key used to sign the challenge will reflect one or the other
      - The alternate flow MAY involve client credentials.

- Adrian