Re: Verifiable Credentials v1.1 released for public review

On 11/10/21 10:37 AM, David Chadwick wrote:
> This is not correct. You can embed anything in a VC. All you need to do is
> define the property name and value and specify this in the schema for the
> VC.

You are talking about something that is completely unspecified. There is no
standard way to do what you are implying.

Yes, anything is possible... but the point of standards is to (ideally) agree
on ONE way to do something. Your proposal proposes adding something to the VC
Data Model that is driven by a deficiency in JWTs and is a bit of the tail
wagging the dog.

You should feel free to propose that new normative feature in the VC-JWT
specification in the VC 2.0 work, but let's be very clear here -- that is a
new normative feature (that has negative effects on the ecosystem), so I
expect people (like me) to disagree with it.

https://www.digitalbazaar.com/