RE: One subject, 2 VCs, 2 duplicate properties

Yes. You can see it as different/separate (subjective) namespaces. That's what understanding a communication is always about: 'translating' (interpreting) the words (claims) of the utterer (issuer) into what makes sense in one's own 'view of the world'. And the interpretation of what Alice is saying would/could/should be different from how you interpret Bob's words. And it is not specific to your context. We all need to do it.

From: Michael Herman (Trusted Digital Web) <mwherman@parallelspace.net>
Sent: dinsdag 18 mei 2021 13:10
To: Joosten, H.J.M. (Rieks) <rieks.joosten@tno.nl>
Cc: public-credentials (public-credentials@w3.org) <public-credentials@w3.org>
Subject: RE: One subject, 2 VCs, 2 duplicate properties

Thank you Rieks,

My context is how VCs are used to realize the concept of Property Sets attached to an FDO (Fully Decentralized Object) - see References below.

Given your response, one way to rationalize this scenario is to equate each VC (and its properties) as being a different/separate namespace (e.g. for differentiating the "age" and "hairColor" properties in VC1 and VC2).

  1.  The Verifiable Economy Architecture Reference Model (VE-ARM): Fully Decentralized Object (FDO) Model
https://hyperonomy.com/2021/04/26/the-verifiable-economy-architecture-reference-model-ve-arm-fdo/
Thank you again,
Michael