Re: VC HTTP API Use Cases

I added to the document:

Get Digital Vaccination Card

Author: Adrian Gropper

Author Email: agropper@healthurl.com GitHub: @agropper

Company/Organization: HIE of One and Patient Privacy Rights

vaccination program. Her supervisor directs them to model the digital
vaccination card according to the recently posted US Centers for Disease
Control (CDC) specifications and some example verifiable credentials shared
by their vaccine supplier, Sysco in a standard format. Izzy copies the
Sysco template, edits it to reflect the did:web of Charity Hospital as
vaccinator and posts the template on the Charity Hospital website as a HTML
Vaccine Request Form Progressive Web App (PWA) that patients can use to
request the digital version of their paper CDC vaccination card.

Ali needs to complete the Form in order to get their vaccine appointment.
They enter a name and date of birth and a SMS address to receive the
digital vaccination card. Ali, an undocumented person, is especially
privacy sensitive and chooses a low-resolution selfie as her identifier on
the digital vaccine credential. Ali uses the PWA from Charity Hospital to
generate the low resolution selfie on their smartphone and return the
completed form via HTTP. They make a note of their vaccination appointment
time.

When Ali presents for vaccination, they identify by name and DOB as entered
on the Form. Charity Hospital pulls up the appointment record and verifies
that the person in front of them matches the low-resolution selfie in their
system. The nurse vaccinator uses a bar code reader to capture the vaccine
name and lot number and adds that along with the hash of Ali’s
low-resolution selfie to a Verifiable Credential signed with the did:web of
Charity Hospital. (Ali’s name, DOB, and SMS address are not in the VC.) The
VC is rendered as a QR code with Ali’s low resolution selfie as the logo in
the middle and sent to the address provided by Ali on the Form. Ali decides
to just take a picture of the QR code VC with their smartphone before
leaving Charity Hospital because they think they used a fake SMS address on
the registration Form.

NB: Charity Hospital may be required to register Ali’s name and DOB as
recorded on the paper version of the CDC card. It’s up to Charity Hospital
to verify these or not depending on local payment and public health
practices. The authenticity of the digital credential is not based on
verification of Ali’s demographics.

Ref:
https://blog.petrieflom.law.harvard.edu/2021/05/05/design-considerations-vaccine-credentials/