Re: EU Health sertificates

It's the same issue you have if you show your drivers license to 10 bars.
Can you be sure the verifier isn't taking and storing photos with a
surveillance camera (they almost always are)? There's no need for the
verifier in #1 to call "home" or store anything if all they want to check
is the authenticity of the credential but managing ambient surveillance is
a completely different issue unrelated to the purpose of the VC.

See https://github.com/w3c/did-use-cases/pull/140 for a threads on Ambient
Surveillance.

- Adrian

On Thu, May 6, 2021 at 11:11 AM Snorre Lothar von Gohren Edwin <
snorre@diwala.io> wrote:

> No, #1 is also what I have suggested, but I just need to make sure my
> arguments are sound 😅
> But it still does not avoid correlatebility on ID, if that even is a
> problem? Meaning I use my paper cert at 10 places, and I can be pinned to
> 10 places. Is that a privacy/correlatebility/tracking issue?
> ᐧ
> ᐧ
>
> On Thu, May 6, 2021 at 4:40 PM Adrian Gropper <agropper@healthurl.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Snorre,
>>
>> There are many tech enhancements that can be applied in any of the 10
>> concerns. My goal was not perfection but rather a framing for how to talk
>> about the 10 concerns as separately as possible.
>>
>> For example, is there any major reason not to do #1?
>>
>> - Adrian
>>
>> On Thu, May 6, 2021 at 7:20 AM Snorre Lothar von Gohren Edwin <
>> snorre@diwala.io> wrote:
>>
>>> Has there been any thoughts of flows for how this could work? Like this
>>> one?
>>>
>>> A solution without pairings, where one can give a range-proof for date.
>>> online registration with FHI(Norwegian trusted authority):
>>> 1. commit to ID, validity period, and status "protected"
>>> 2. ZK proof of known opening
>>> 3. FHI signs commitment
>>> 4. build this into QR
>>> 5. print certificate