Re: VC HTTP API specification structure

inline...
On Sat, May 1, 2021 at 10:55 PM Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
wrote:

> <snip>
>
> Can you please explain to the group how any of what you have shared has to
> do
> with the physical structure of the document that the Editors will need to
> work
> with? Please put these in the form of concrete counter-proposals to the
> proposal above.

<snip>

Please refer to slide 4
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-credentials/2021Apr/att-0120/2021-VC-HTTP-API.pdf
for
a helpful diagram.

With respect to the * VC **Issuer* *HTTP API* specification:

PROPOSAL A: The VC Issuer is a GNAP Resource Server (RS) as defined in [1]
<https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-gnap-resource-servers-00.html>.

PROPOSAL B: The VC Issuer SHOULD allow the VC Subject to use a GNAP
Authorization Server (AS) as defined in [2] as their agent.

PROPOSAL C: The VC Issuer MUST allow the VC Subject or their agent to
designate a GNAP RS as the VC Holder.

PROPOSAL D: The VC Issuer MAY restrict the VC Subject's choice of Holder RS
based on certification requirements including federation.

PROPOSAL E: The interaction between Subject AS and VC Holder is out of
scope for the VC Issuer HTTP API specification.

With respect to the *VC **Verifier* *HTTP API* specification:

PROPOSAL F: The VC Verifier is a GNAP client as defined in [1] and [2]

PROPOSAL G: The VC Verifier MAY restrict the VC Subject's choice of Holder
RS based on certification requirements including federation.

PROPOSAL H: The interaction between Subject AS and VC Holder is out of
scope for the VC Verifier HTTP API specification.

With respect to *VC Holders*:

PROPOSAL I: A VC Holder that does not support HTTP is out of scope for the
VC Issuer HTTP API or VC Verifier HTTP API specifications.

PROPOSAL J: A separate informational document can be created that describes
the use of GNAP for non-HTTP transports and may be referenced in the VC
Issuer and VC Verifier specifications.

- Adrian

[1] https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-gnap-resource-servers-00.html
[2] https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-gnap-core-protocol-05.html