Re: PROPOSALs for VC HTTP API call on 2021-06-22

On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 12:55 PM Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
wrote:

> Also, please refrain from "I talked to experts and they said X." without
> linking to the discussion. Too much of our industry does the whole
> "deference
> to authority" thing, when what we need to be doing is building from first
> principles and allowing everyone to reason about the path forward. Yes,
> expert
> opinion is useful, but being able to do the reasoning yourself is better.

Sorry, but these comments were made in a standing meeting with rules that
do not allow attribution.

I only made the comment to show that I'm not the only one holding this
view.  I asked the same people about a GNAP issue, and they convinced me
that my concern in that case was overblown.  They agreed that my concern is
warranted on this issue.

Alan Karp