Re: PROPOSALs for VC HTTP API call on 2021-06-22

On Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 4:09 AM David Chadwick <
d.w.chadwick@verifiablecredentials.info> wrote:

> Hi Alan
>
> You are completely ignoring the ABAC model for authorisation in your
> statements below. If ABAC is used for authz then a VC is perfectly
> acceptable on its own as an authz token for gaining access to a resource

By ABAC do you mean Authorization-Based Access Control?  That acronym is
commonly used for Attribute-Based Access Control, which is why I introduced
the term ZBAC.

I believe that a VC is a perfectly acceptable authz token only if the spec
includes attenuated delegation.  If it does not, I would prefer that people
who want ZBAC use a different token spec that does support delegation, even
if they are using VCs for non-authorization claims.

Alan Karp