Re: PROPOSALs for VC HTTP API call on 2021-06-22

I asked a number of people expert in capability systems if delegation is
necessary to have a viable system.  They concluded it was unless every
holder of an authorization token proxies every request in lieu of
delegating.  I don't know how viable proxying is in the VC use cases.

Given that information, I would like to see an option specifying that
verified credentials MUST NOT be used as authorizations unless they support
attenuated delegation (I believe the OAuth term is sub-scope
re-delegation.) and that any such system SHOULD support revocation.

If you don't support delegation, people will be forced to share access
tokens.  The result will be loss of an audit trail and the likelihood that
they will share more permissions than necessary.  The result is a less
secure system that is harder to use.

Alan Karp