Re: Attempting to block work (was: Re: VC HTTP Authorization Conversation)

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2021 17:32:57 -0400
To: public-credentials@w3.org
On 6/12/21 1:07 PM, David Chadwick wrote:
> That's not exactly what I was requesting. To be more specific, Given a DIF
> Presentation Exchange Request, can the wallet/holder return a signed VP
> that holds the VCs that the PE policy requires. (But I dont want the
> interface to be restricted to a DIF PE policy, but to any policy syntax)

I expect that we should take the same approach that the Credential Handler API
(CHAPI) takes here, which is to be presentation exchange language agnostic.

CHAPI doesn't care if you are requesting or presenting VCs, ZCAPs, or the
language that you're using to do so. It just passes the request through and
passes the response back. If we do this right, we will be able to run the
exact same presentation request/response protocols through both CHAPI and the
VC HTTP API.

https://www.digitalbazaar.com/