Re: [PROPOSED WORK ITEM] Vaccination Certificate Vocabulary

>The use case is to ensure equity and access … Globally, and not just in the fully connected world.

And this needs to be true for *EVERYTHING* we design and build – not just this project.

Leonard

From: "John, Anil" <anil.john@hq.dhs.gov>
Date: Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 8:39 AM
To: W3C Credentials CG <public-credentials@w3.org>
Subject: RE: [PROPOSED WORK ITEM] Vaccination Certificate Vocabulary

> More generally, what is the evidence / use case metrics for offline verifiers ?

“offline” has nuances.
Is it never online, or is it occasionally connected over sparse or unreliable networks?
I would assume (as I don’t have ready access to data that will prove/disprove this assertion) that it is more likely to be the latter and not the former.

However, to answer your actual question  -

The use case is to ensure equity and access … Globally, and not just in the fully connected world.

Best Regards,

Anil

Anil John
Technical Director, Silicon Valley Innovation Program
Science and Technology Directorate
US Department of Homeland Security
Washington, DC, USA

Email Response Time – 24 Hours