Re: [PROPOSED WORK ITEM] Vaccination Certificate Vocabulary

Myself, Drummond Reed, Mawaki Chango, and Tobias Looker, Sasha from Zaka,
Todd Gehrke from ID2020 (I might be missing a few more folks from VC land)
are all in the WHO expert working group on Vaccine Credentials each as our
"own person" not representing our "organizations".

We all signed NDAs to participate to keep the conversations in the group in
the group.

The WHO will publish a schema. It isn't clear when this will happen it
could be as late as this summer.  They are taking input from existing work
in this area including the European schema that Tobias is using as a
starting point.  The DIVOC project for India already has a schema too.

As for what Tobias is putting forward I have heard from health care
oriented folks that it is important to figure out the FHIR langage/bridges
into that data representation as well.

*CCI has a Use Case Implementation Workstream - Schema Task Force* -
looking at schema's for both test results and vaccines.
https://slack.lfph.io/ relevant channels #cci #cci-schema-tf

*We also have **Vaccine Credentials Focus Group* - not working on schema's
but working on jurisdictional issues for implementation in different
geographic regions - a US focus group has formed. https://slack.lfph.io/
relevant channels #cci #https://slack.lfph.io/ relevant channels #
cci-vaccinecredentialsfg-us

I think where discussions about the schema happen and where the schema is
ultimately hosted for the long run are two different questions.

Another really big question arising out of the WHO conversations is how to
represent VCs on paper. I'm working furiously in my role as Ecosystems
Director at CCI to try and connect the key folks who have been working on
innovations on paper based VCs to be in dialogue with one another to come
up with some clear answers about how this can be done in the most compact
format.

I hope this is clarifying.
- Kaliya