From: Henry Story <henry.story@co-operating.systems>
Sent: February 4, 2021 10:04 AM
To: public-credentials@w3.org
Subject: Credentials and HTTP-Sig authentication for Solid

Dear Credentials Community,

   I am working on Solid Authentication and Authorization as part of my PhD [0].
A little over a year ago I put together an initial proposal on how to use HTTP-Signature for Solid Authentication [1], following experience I gained implemented this four years ago [2].

Having recently been awarded some funding by  the EU to work on Solid [3] I have been able to put some effort into improving  that document to see how this could tie in with Web Credentials.

Here is an extended version of the HTTP-Signature document I put together today, bringing in ideas that have emerged thinking about this over the past 3 months:

https://github.com/bblfish/authentication-panel/blob/HttpSig/HttpSignature.md

It is work in progress and feedback would be much appreciated.

Henry Story

[0] https://co-operating.systems/2019/04/01/

[1] https://github.com/solid/authentication-panel/blob/master/HttpSignature.md

[2] https://github.com/read-write-web/akka-http-signature

[3] https://nlnet.nl/project/SolidControl/

https://co-operating.systems

WhatsApp, Signal, Tel: +33 6 38 32 69 84‬
Twitter: @bblfish