RE: Reminder and Agenda for Confidential Storage Spec Call - Jan 28 2021

[Side question: anyone know why email to sds-wg@dif.groups.io<mailto:sds-wg@dif.groups.io> fails?]

For those who have plowed their way through the Syntergy Replicator replication pipeline architecture content after our last meeting, another enterprise collaboration platform, Groove Workspace, uses a similar replication pipeline architecture.

Groove Workspace supported real-time, secure, bi-directional, multi-master, peer-to-peer (direct and mediated), cross-firewall replication between desktop clients.  [All the adjectives are necessary and correct and orthogonal to each other …contrary to previous comments.]

…that is, Ray Ozzie and co. have already built and delivered pretty much what we’re trying to conceive and spec out.

Today, Microsoft owns the Groove Networks IP …they bought it when they bought Ray’s company and Bill wanted Ray to be the next CSA at Microsoft …which he was for about 5 years.

Attached are 3 files describing the Groove Workspace replication pipeline.

Cheers,
Michael

Best regards,
Michael Herman