Re: DID Formal Objection Status Update (Dec 2021)

Adrian: it sure is, as it reminds us that the W3C is a pay to play organization where any company, including a 1 person LLC (limited liability  company in US law), must put up 7,900 USD  for annual membership to having voting and related participatory input to decision-making in the organization. A nonprofit with less than a $3M USD revenue and 10 or fewer employees gets an intro 2-yr deal for $2250 USD.

The concession by Mozilla to the Google Chrome MV3 web extensions proposal, conceding significant loss of user preferences for privacy, is likewise informative.

Good catch.

Phil
—
Senior Scholar, Center for New Designs in Learning and Scholarship (CNDLS)
Georgetown University, e: pl673@georgetown.edu
—
T3/LER Network Facilitator
USChamber of Commerce Foundation
—
Open Software Fellow,
Concentricsky
—
Founder and Principal, RHz Consulting LLC
e: phil@rhzconsulting.com,LinkedIn:http://www.linkedin.com/in/longpd
—