Re: Verifiable Driver's Licenses and ISO-18013-5 (mDL)

What is to be our measure of success?

A (digital) driver's license is government issued, biometrically bound,
deduplicated and non-repudiable by design, and very long-lasting. It is
then linked without obvious regulations to an immense range of applications
that includes notarized civil contracts, travel, banking, proof-of-age, and
presentation along with a vaccination card.

Broadly speaking, the W3C VC and DID data models do not constrain or
introduce regulatory concerns into any of the aforementioned aspects but
any protocol and advocacy work we choose to do will be prime real
estate for platform economics, regulatory capture, and social engineering.

Kranzberg’s First Law of Technology is "Technology is neither good nor bad;
nor is it neutral." A government-dominated closed process, ISO can pretend
to serve the narrow intent of a mDL. What is our intent and measure of
success?

- Adrian