From: Andrew Hughes <andrewhughes3000@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 7, 2021 10:44 AM
To: David Chadwick <d.w.chadwick@verifiablecredentials.info>
Cc: W3C Credentials CG (Public List) <public-credentials@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Verifiable Driver's Licenses and ISO-18013-5 (mDL)

Sure - but that's not really my question even if it's the requirement that caused the creation of the MSO mechanism.

I'm trying to guide the ISO WG (with others too) on good/compatible/interoperable ways to do 'over the internet' data transmission for 18013-5 mDL apps. Today in 18013-5 the requirement is to use the MSO for verification. This does indeed allow the mDL app to selectively release those data elements it or the person chooses to release - it's a simple 'send or don't send' selective release mechanism - but it works very well for the main use cases.

Tomorrow's mDL data integrity mechanism? We can negotiate :-)

PS We could bikeshed on whether selective release of data is the same or different from selective disclosure of data...(but please no)

————————

Andrew Hughes CISM CISSP
m +1 250.888.9474
 <mailto:AndrewHughes3000@gmail.com> AndrewHughes3000@gmail.com