Re: Diagrams for VC HTTP API work [was Re: [AGENDA] VC HTTP API Work Item - August 17th 2021]

On 8/22/21 3:12 AM, David Chadwick wrote:
> On 21/08/2021 16:42, Moses Ma wrote:
>> Yes, you are correct. The idea is that for the diagram to be
>> simplified - there needs to be /two/ diagrams, one for a passenger
>> with a digital vaxcert and one for someone with a paper card that
>> could be forged.
>
> *Unfortunately there probably need to be three separate diagrams*
>
> 1. For people with digital vax certs
>
> 2. For people with paper vax certs and mobile phones
>
> 3. For people with paper vax certs and paper-based cruise ship
> vax-passes (who either don't have suitable mobile phones or are not
> able to use them as required)
>
> Keep the diagrams separate and don't try to merge them
>
> Kind regards
>
> David

Hi David,

This is a good point, but the solution we're going to pitch cruise ship
operators is to lend a phone to passengers, especially ones disembarking
at a port of call, that has a wallet/vaxpass installed. Some luxury
hotels already do this, offering a cell phone in the suite, preloaded
with maps, tourism guides, and a custom concierge app. We may be heading
into a future where people load a multiplicity of vaxpass apps - one
when you're in New York, another in Europe, another from OpenTable,
another from Fandango, etc.

Also, for kids, we are planning to partner with nodle.io, which makes
wireless badges. However, this would be more useful for contact tracing
while on the ship.

I've attached the second user experience graph for passengers with
digital certs. My belief is that at least for the first few years,
digital vaxpasses and beacons will not interoperate smoothly, and will
require heavy technical support to get things to work. To pay for that,
we need someone making money to provide customer service, so that means
the retail establishment or the cruise ship operator needs to be
incented to help make the VC/non-VC system hang together, otherwise
users will curse us and rue the day we made it a "standard".

Moses

--

*Moses Ma | NextGEN Ventures Inc*

moses@ngenven.com | moses.ma@futurelabconsulting.com

/v/ +1.415.952.7888 | /m/ +1.415.568.1068 | /skype/ mosesma

/blog & social media:/my blog at psychologytoday.com
<http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-tao-innovation> |
/linktr.ee/moses.tao/ <http://linktr.ee/moses.tao>

/books: /Agile Innovation <http://agileinnovationbook.com> | Quantum