Re: Request for CCG Chair Intervention in CCG Process

To be crystal clear,

If the working group consensus is determined to be X, as an editor I will
implement whatever X is when directed to do so by the chairs.

Until that time, I will keep pointing out that there is no consensus, but
ultimately, that's not for ANY editor to decide...

In these matters it's the chairs who make such calls.... not editors.

The chairs could say 51% is enough, they could say 80% is enough.

It is the chairs responsibility to identify what constitutes consensus when
it's disputed, and to help the group move on if that's what consensus
should be defined as for this particular case.

Editors can't do that, it's a conflict of interest.

This is a good example of why having chairs and editors that are not the
same people, or acting in the same capacity is important.

Chairs should decide a winner, or split the work item so everyone is
equally unhappy :)

Splitting the work item is a solution of last resort, since it weakens its
usefulness and limits contribution, admitting that the group couldn't
handle basic api security recommendations sends probably not the signal we
were all hoping for... but it is an accurate reflection of the current
state of the work.

With my Transmute hat on.... I would much prefer to just see GNAP and RAR
moved to an out of scope section.

GNAP and RAR are supported by a vocal minority, and not supported by any
existing implementers, on the last call I heard Transmute, Mesur,
SecureKey, Mavenet, Digital Bazaar say they are not planning on supporting
GNAP / RAR.

I heard Adrian claim he was implementing the API.

I have heard nothing from Danube Tech or Mattr, they appear to be unable to
attend the calls at the current time.

I did not hear anyone say they were planning on or seeking interoperability
using GNAP or RAR, other than Adrian.

Chairs please advise the group how to proceed.

OS