Re: Super Majority Votes: how are we measuring this?

67% would be a very normal starting place for a super majority.

That, ultimately, is not the issue though.  As outlined in the comment here:
https://github.com/w3c-ccg/vc-http-api/pull/224

As noted by Mr. Andrieu the real issue is this:
"Community process guidelines are at
https://w3c-ccg.github.io/workitem-process/ which sadly, mentions the "CG's
documented consensus process" but doesn't provide a link."

This is something we as chairs will have to take on fixing in order to
prevent the issue from occurring in the future, and we need to establish
clear definitionson consensus, etc, and what to do as a communitygroup when
things "get stuck".  As Joe has noted:
"when the group is clearly bifurcated for and against a resolution, 50+% is
not an appropriate decision making tool."

There will be some updates and corrections of links coming on the main
community documentation, as well as some proposals to the main group at the
CCG related to areas where there is not a defined W3C precendet for handing
consensus issues.

What also needs to be clarified in the community docs is the work item
escalation process in the event of a grid lock as we saw here.

Michael Prorock
CTO, Founder
mesur.io