Re: AW: Can I only use JsonWebKey2020 with NIST approved curves like P-256 in the specification?

I appreciate Orie’s sentiment about real decentralization but I'm a total
lamer when it comes to cryptography.

We have yet to find a wallet for the licensed practitioner in the HIE of
One demonstration. There’s no significant privacy issue because a licensed
fiduciary, like a doctor, almost always has to have a non-repudiable and
deduplicated identity to sign with.

(The patient in the HIE of One demo should not need a wallet any more than
they need one to see a doctor today.)

Even though the doctor is accountable and lacks some privacy, they should
be self-sovereign. Decentralization suggests that the doctor should not be
tied to any hospital or to a particular jurisdiction that may want to issue
them a credential. This implies standards constraints their choice of SSI
wallets.

Can folks help me understand the relationship between decentralization in
the use-case above and the technologies being discussed in this thread?

Adrian