Re: Vaccination Certificate Test Suite

Steve,

See the bottom of this section
<https://w3c-ccg.github.io/vaccination-vocab/#representation-size> of the
vaccination vocab spec. TL;DR it is CBOR-LD base32 encoded using RFC 4648
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4648> and encoded to a QR code using
alphanumeric
mode <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_code#Storage>. Another more recent
option that has been proposed is to use base45
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-faltstrom-base45/> however it is
just yet another encoding scheme everyone would have to build tooling for
and adopt.

Thanks,
[image: Mattr website] <https://mattr.global>
*Tobias Looker*
Mattr
+64 (0) 27 378 0461
tobias.looker@mattr.global
[image: Mattr website] <https://mattr.global> [image: Mattr on LinkedIn]
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/mattrglobal> [image: Mattr on Twitter]
<https://twitter.com/mattrglobal> [image: Mattr on Github]
<https://github.com/mattrglobal>
This communication, including any attachments, is confidential. If you are
not the intended recipient, you should not read it - please contact me
immediately, destroy it, and do not copy or use any part of this
communication or disclose anything about it. Thank you. Please note that
this communication does not designate an information system for the
purposes of the Electronic Transactions Act 2002.

On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 10:30 AM steve capell <steve.capell@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Orie,
>
> Any docs on exactly how that QR is encoded?
>
> VC -> some representation (JSON/CBOR?) -> some encoding (base64?) -> some
> QR encoding ?
>
> I can see the whole thing works nicely with transmute tooling but I
> cant make much sense of the QR (attached here) outside of transmute tooling.
>

> On Fri, 9 Apr 2021 at 04:17, Orie Steele <orie@transmute.industries>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for sharing this work Manu!
>>
>> Transmute is hugely supportive of it, and happy to help move the work
>> forward.
>>
>> In particular, we're very interested in interoperability testing of paper
>> format credentials to address concerns regarding digital exclusion that
>> will inevitably arise from any use of "HTTP" and or "DIDs".
>>
>> We've already been doing some work on this front with Digital Bazaar and
>> Mattr regarding QR Code representations of Verifiable Credentials:
>>
>>    -
>>    https://w3c-ccg.github.io/vaccination-vocab/#example-5-cbor-diagnostic-output-for-the-above-w3c-verifiable-credential-expressed-in-cbor-ld
>>    -
>>    https://w3c-ccg.github.io/universal-wallet-interop-spec/#example-8-a-verifiable-credential-that-supports-selective-disclosure
>>

>> We're particularly excited about the intersection of offline / paper
>> credentials and selective disclosure proofing systems, like BBS+. Here is a
>> small offline capable progressive web application demo we built:
>> https://paper.transmute.vc
>>
>> We also have a demo video showing a smaller slice of these same
>> interoperability tests: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PodtjhO3vJo&t=2s
>>
>> We're pursuing commercial interest in this space, but we remain equally
>> committed to supporting in the interest of public good regardless of a
>> specific customer.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> OS
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 8, 2021 at 12:31 PM Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> As some of you know, a few of the members in the W3C Credentials
>>> Community
>>> Group have been working on a Vaccination Certificate Vocabulary[1]. The
>>> World
>>> Health Organization has recently published a Release Candidate data model
>>> dictionary for Smart Vaccination Cards[2]. The CCG has also been working
>>> on a
>>> Verifiable Credentials HTTP API[3].
>>>
>>> The WHO guidance covers 28 types of vaccines that we (as a global
>>> society)
>>> depend on, including Measles, Smallpox, Polio, Yellow Fever, COVID-19,
>>> and
>>> others. We (Digital Bazaar) thought it might be interesting to see if we
>>> could
>>> create an interoperability test suite for the WHO Smart Vaccination Card
>>> work
>>> using the tools listed above.
>>>
>>> Please note:
>>>
>>> * This is all experimental; it's not meant to step on any
>>>   toes (the 40+ other vaccination certificate projects).
>>>
>>> * We have privacy concerns wrt. the WHO guidance and one
>>>   way to address those is to put better options into the
>>>   ecosystem.
>>>
>>> * There is no guarantee that WHO will follow any
>>>   particular path at this moment.
>>>
>>> * Digital Bazaar is not operating on behalf of any of our
>>>   customers, this is a self-funded internal "try to make
>>>   the world a better place" project. It is apolitical.
>>>   All mistakes and missteps are ours, not anyone else that
>>>   could be construed as being a part of the work.
>>>
>>> With that said, we've been able to achieve the following:
>>>
>>> * A test suite containing 1,624 tests covering the
>>>   28 vaccine types in the WHO vocabulary.
>>>
>>> * 7 independent vendor implementations issuing and
>>>   verifying each others WHO Smart Vaccination Cards.
>>>
>>> * 1,623 passing tests demonstrating true
>>>   interoperability!
>>>
>>> You can view the latest Vaccination Certificate test suite report here:
>>>
>>> https://w3id.org/vaccination/interop-reports
>>>
>>> -- manu
>>>
>>> [1]https://w3c-ccg.github.io/vaccination-vocab/
>>> [2]