Re: Revocation List 2020

From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2021 08:02:51 -0400
To: public-credentials@w3.org
On 4/5/21 7:36 AM, Nikos Fotiou wrote:
> I can't understand the propose of the "id" in the "credentialStatus"
> structure
> (https://w3c-ccg.github.io/vc-status-rl-2020/#example-1-example-revocationli

st2020status) Can somebody help me?

I believe you're referring to this value:

https://dmv.example.gov/credentials/status/3#94567

The purpose of the `id` field is to uniquely identify the status of a specific
VC. The URL can really be any identifier that is unique to the specific status
of the specific credential.

The example uses the pattern of using the base URL for revocation list
bitstring and then a fragment identifier for the position of the status bit in
the bitstring.

Base URL for revocation list bitstring is:

https://dmv.example.gov/credentials/status/3

Fragment identifier for the position of the status bit in the bitstring is:

#94567

Keep in mind that it's strongly suggested that folks move on to Status List
2021, as it is a more general mechanism (that could cover revocation as well
as suspension or a variety of other statuses):

https://w3c-ccg.github.io/vc-status-list-2021/

Did that answer your question, Nikos?

https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches