Re: Requirements for PDF as container for VC's

Hi Leonard, et al,

I'd like to suggest that we consider the use case of a COVID vaccination
PDF.

There's currently an HHS Pharmacy Partnership for Long-Term Care Program
with Walgreens/CVS that allow nursing homes to opt into the program to
get "vulnerable people" vaccinated, but let's imagine the more general
case for the expanded distribution of the vaccine to mobile clinics, etc:

 1. Subject calls CVS/Walgreens for an appointment to get vaccinated
 2. The pharmacy insures subject has a prescription that correlates with
    co-morbidity (like insulin for diabetes) to qualify for priority booking
 3. There's a significant issue with the cold chain that logistics needs
    to be very tight, in order to reduce wastage, so these appointments
    need to be managed effectively so there's a queue of people waiting
    when a vaccine pak is opened, this means texting people to make sure
    they're going to arrive on time
 4. Subjects goes to drive through vaccination tent (mobile clinic in
    the CVS parking lot) with invitation, shows ID
 5. Subject opts in to receive digital vaccination certificate which is
    sent in PDF form after the vaccination
 6. The PDF is dynamic in that it contains update-able info about the
    durability of the vaccine, indicating when a booster shot is required
 7. The PDF metadata includes a VC, that can be used by third parties
    such as OpenTable to allow an indoor reservation or Fandango to
    issue a movie ticket - with selective disclosure/minimization of
    only required data flowing through
 8. An "immunity passport" app could ingest the PDF's VC so that it
    would have the data required to work with little effort or technical
    expertise

Anyway, this is sort of the direction I'm thinking for a PDF use case
for COVID vaccination.

So in addition to shipping documents and academic records, I believe
this use case would be quite compelling right now, to many people and
should be included in the ensuing discussions. I'm hoping that this
group, and the COVIDCreds <https://www.covidcreds.com/> participants,
can weigh in on this matter to vet the models and strategy.

Moses

--

*Moses Ma | Managing Partner*

moses.ma@futurelabconsulting.com | moses@futurelab.ventures |
moses@ngenven.com

v+1.415.568.1068 | skype mosesma | /linktr.ee/moses.tao/
<http://linktr.ee/moses.tao>

FutureLab provides strategy, ideation and technology for breakthrough
innovation and third generation blockchains.

Learn more at /www.futurelabconsulting.com/
<http://futurelabconsulting.com>. For calendar invites, please cc:
mosesma@gmail.com

Or whet your appetite by reading /Agile Innovation/
<http://www.amazon.com/Agile-Innovation-Revolutionary-Accelerate-Engagement/dp/B00SSRSZ9A>
<https://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Design-Sprint-Application-Disruptive/dp/1799143864>
| my blog at /psychologytoday.com/
<http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-tao-innovation>.

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT: THIS E-MAIL IS MEANT FOR ONLY THE INTENDED
RECIPIENT OF THE TRANSMISSION. IF YOU RECEIVED THIS E-MAIL IN ERROR, ANY
REVIEW, USE, DISSEMINATION, DISTRIBUTION, OR COPYING OF THIS E-MAIL IS
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. PLEASE NOTIFY THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY OF THE ERROR
BY RETURN E-MAIL AND PLEASE DELETE THIS MESSAGE FROM YOUR SYSTEM. THIS
EMAIL SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED BINDING; HARD COPY DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED
TO CREATE LEGALLY BINDING COMMITMENTS. FOR CALENDAR INVITES, PLEASE CC:
MOSESMA@GMAIL.COM