Re: Requirements for PDF as container for VC's

Hi Leonard, Bill, Steve, and all,

> How do you assure that what’s in the layout matches the JSON data?
> Have I misunderstood? Does someone have a solution that can ensure that
PDF rendered data is the same as PDF attached metadata ?

This is what we do.
- Issuers have (or produce) PDFs. They add whatever metadata they want into
the PDF (these are the machine-readable part of the PDF).
- We hash the PDFs and anchor them on the blockchain. This is what
guarantees that the PDF (presentation) plus the machine-readable data
(content) are identical and tamper-proof.
- During validation the user sees the original PDF plus the metadata plus
the verification details. (the PDF can of course be viewed with any PDF
viewer).

This works very well for several use cases with minimum overhead for them.
What we want is now to "VC-fy" the structure that is embedded in the PDF.
Embedding a VC in a standardized way is the first step of this process and
thus our interest in this.

Kostas