Re: [PROPOSED WORK ITEM] VP Request Specification (for CHAPI etc)

Oliver, on your list I would suggest that there are two "doesn't belong"
elements and one missing.

As we learned last week at IIW, CHAPI has nothing to do with Credential
Exchange other than as a transport for moving data between browser
sandboxes. That's way too low level for Presentation Requests.

HL Aries "Present Proof" protocol is agnostic to the presentation request,
presentation format, and is a protocol designed to enable the generalized
request for and delivery of presentations. Likewise it is too low level for
the presentation request format.

Missing is HL Indy, where Proof Requests have been used for several years
and in many, many use cases, including production interoperable use cases.
I strongly suggest that the Indy implementation be considered in this work
- at least as a checklist to make sure that the format defined is
sufficient based on implemented use cases. It was a "code first" approach
that includes both presentation request and credential storage querying
("Wallet Query Language") for finding credentials matching the requirements
of the proof request.  We've not spent a lot of time on this issue because
it's always "just been there" and works very well.

I find both specs jump straight into a (possibly incomplete?) example
without a statement of what features the format needs to be able to
support. I think that dissecting the Indy implementation a bit and getting
an inventory of features would be useful.

--

Stephen Curran
Principal, Cloud Compass Computing, Inc. (C3I)

*Schedule a Meeting: **https://calendly.com/swcurran
<https://calendly.com/swcurran>*