Re: New Work Item Proposal: Universal Wallet 2020

A brief reply regarding "reference implementation".  W3C (and IETF, for
that matter) has generally not encouraged the creation of a reference
implementation because it encourages implementers to copy the code's
behavior, even if buggy, rather than implementing to the spec.  As you
quoted from Wikipedia, it is the Gold Standard.  W3C generally believes
that the Gold Standard should be the standard (specification) itself.

-- dan