Re: Asking for Credentials ["Derivative predicate" split thread]

From: Christopher Allen <ChristopherA@lifewithalacrity.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2020 16:09:05 -0700
To: Kim Hamilton <kimdhamilton@gmail.com>
Cc: Anthony Nadalin <tonynad@microsoft.com>, "Boothby, Roderick" <roderick.boothby@gruposantander.com>, Brent Zundel <brent.zundel@evernym.com>, Daniel Buchner <Daniel.Buchner@microsoft.com>, Dave Longley <dlongley@digitalbazaar.com>, "Herraiz, Victor (SanTech)" <victor.herraiz@santander.co.uk>, Kristina Yasuda <Kristina.Yasuda@microsoft.com>, Mark Haine <mark@considrd.consulting>, Orie Steele <orie@transmute.industries>, "Pulido Moyano, Alberto" <alberto.pulido@santander.co.uk>, Tobias Looker <tobias.looker@mattr.global>, W3C Credentials CG <public-credentials@w3.org>, Wayne Chang <wyc@fastmail.fm>
I’ll add to this this “split” that there is a need for cryptographic
predicate script languages,  what I call #SmartSignatures, especially as we
move forward Into world of threshold multisigs and other zk-proofs.

My last video on this topic is getting old, but is good:
https://blockstream.com/2018/02/23/en-smart-signatures-bpase/

A transcript of the video:
https://sourcecrypto.pub/posts/transcripts/smart-signatures-christopher-allen/

These are the slides:
https://www.slideshare.net/ChristopherA/smart-signaturesexperiments-in-authentication-stanford-bpase-2018-final

And my old paper as a blog post:
http://www.lifewithalacrity.com/2016/10/smarter-signatures-experiments-in-verifications/

I’m hoping we don’t end up with 4 different predicate languages.

— Christopher Allen [via iPhone]